Simultaneous midi control of two or more layers

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

gavspav

Simultaneous midi control of two or more layers

Post by gavspav »

Is it possible to simultaneously control two layers remotely via midi?

I am trying to control separate layers from a daw.

It is theoretically possible to do this by changing the layer in focus and then altering a parameter but in practice it is not possible to change layers frequently enough.

Is it possible to assign different midi channels to different layers? Or does one always have to focus the layer, then adjust the parameter?

Would this be something I could achieve by scripting?

Thanks
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Simultaneous midi control of two or more layers

Post by Fritzsche »

Thank you for your feedback!

As explained in my e-mail, this is currently not possible with MADRIX. You will have to focus the layer and then can change the parameters. It is also not a feature of Scripting.

However, we noted it down as a user wish and we will think about it.

Thank you!
gavspav

Re: Simultaneous midi control of two or more layers

Post by gavspav »

A workaround for this is to treat incoming midi as audio and use it as M2L data.

You can then use the GetNote function of say a Macro Effect Script to use the velocity of incoming midi notes to affect scriptable features of Madrix eg pixel colour, layer opacity.

Not exactly sure of the performance hit of doing this but it works here and the fact that you don't have to focus a layer before adjusting it means you can control several layers 'simultaneously' without lagging.

Hurrah!

Of course if you are using M2L features for anything else this is no good for you.