Moving from v2 to v3 - no export for 3 option

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

djtoast

Moving from v2 to v3 - no export for 3 option

Post by djtoast »

Hi. We bought our key just under two years ago and it's licenced for v3, but we've been running v2 til now. I've downloaded 3.4, and I was all set to get it up and running, but when I tried to follow the instruction here

http://help.madrix.com/m2/html/madrix/i ... _madr.html

to export my setup, I got stuck because there's no option to export to v3 in the File/Export menu, just individual options to export storage places etc. I could do it bit by bit, but with artnet, midi, and DMX remote in plus all the actual effects it would be fiddly, if there's a more streamlined way I'd prefer that! I figure maybe be that I have an older version of Madrix 2 that doesn't have the export to v3 functionality, but while I did find the download link for 2.14i, I can't see a way to update to that from within Madrix because getting Madrix to check for updates just encourages me to download 3.4 (!) and if I download and install 2.14i rather than updating from within the program, won't I have to find all the various setup bits myself anyway (meaning I may as well just start from scratch with v3)!?

Hope this makes some sense. It seems like there must be an easy way to do this!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Moving from v2 to v3 - no export for 3 option

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!
Yes, you most likely have an older MADRIX 2 version and installing MADRIX 2.14i is exactly the right way to proceed. When running the installer for MADRIX 2.14i, it will automatically detect your current MADRIX 2 installation and will automatically ask you to update to the new 2.14i from your old version (instead of installing everything new).
Downloading the installer from the website or checking for a software update from within MADRIX are basically the same things. Updating the software from within would not be any different.
So, you are safe to go this route and after updating to MADRIX 2.14i, you will find the export option to MADRIX 3 as described.
djtoast

Re: Moving from v2 to v3 - no export for 3 option

Post by djtoast »

Ah, many thanks then :)