Search found 9 matches

by poya
Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:28 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Auto Ticker/Text BPM Calculation
Replies: 3
Views: 39387

Re: Auto Ticker/Text BPM Calculation

Hi Wissmann, I thought I understood setting the BPM depending on the length of the string but I realise now I've miss understood your explanation. I understand adding together the string length and the matrix width e.g. var totalSize = madrix-width(384) + string-length(10); However, I don't understa...
by poya
Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:12 pm
Topic: Web Safe SetTickerText
Replies: 5
Views: 44228

Re: Web Safe SetTickerText

Hey Guertler, I've pretty much finished doing all I need to do. I have one stumbling block that I don't know how to get around at the moment. I've got a script replacing certain keywords with the correct character. It all works bar this line replace(text, "{QUOTE}", " " "); ...
by poya
Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:40 pm

Re: Web Safe SetTickerText

Hey Guertler,

Thanks for that suggestion. I've implemented it into my ticker text using the snippet you provided.

I was just wondering if there are any other major characters I should provide a fall back for; a list of any you know if would be great.

Thanks again.

Poya
by poya
Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:29 am

Web Safe SetTickerText

Hi Guys, I've almost finished my project and the last stumbling block I'm having is sending web safe strings for the ticker text to display. Using setTickerText HTTP command, the '#' or %23 equivalent is being dropped from the string. so the message 'Welcome to #HelloWorld testing' becomes 'Welcome ...
by poya
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:11 am

Re: Auto Ticker/Text BPM Calculation

Thanks for explaining that for me Wissmann, I'll be able write a method to auto correct the BPM with the information you provided!
by poya
Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:39 pm

Auto Ticker/Text BPM Calculation

Hi guys, I've made good progress with the CMS I'm building and have a quick question to ask. I'm feeding the 'SCE Ticker/Scrolling Text' dynamic content from our CMS. However, I'm wondering if there is a quick way for me to adjust the BPM of the Ticker based on the length of the string passed in. I ...
by poya
Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:21 pm
Topic: CMS for Storage and Places
Replies: 4
Views: 46492

Re: CMS for Storage and Places

Excellent!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions Guertler. I hadn't even thought about using the macros scripts as a way of loading in text. I'll sit down with the team and discuss what the best way to go is.

Really appreciate the advice.

Thanks again.
by poya
Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Re: CMS for Storage and Places

Hi Guertler, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I've got some follow up questions though. We are hoping to create a playlist from the CMS which will incorporate Videos, Images, and a Ticker / Scrolling Text. The videos and images will be preloaded into a Storage Place like you detailed. Howev...
by poya
Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:10 pm

CMS for Storage and Places

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help clarify something for us. We are working on a project which requires us to manage the content being stored, cued, and played by madrix. Now I'm pretty confident we can incorporate a cue editing system into the CMS, which will allow the user to select the st...